As I’m starting to introduce new content into my blog, I thought why not start off with my Project Pan challenge? I have been seeing around social media a lot of people participating in Project Pan challenges, and I thought, why don’t I do one?
A Project Pan involves finishing up makeup and beauty products, or hitting pan on them. I find these challenges quite interesting because it addresses a huge issue with consumerism. Buying new things is always nice, but finishing off a product you paid money for is a lot more rewarding. I hope with this challenge I can finish up a few products, and buy new products that can replace them — only once I finished them.
Here are the products I’ll be attempting to pan:
1) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar by Too Faced – I love this palette, but there are a few shades I don’t necessarily love that much. I’m thinking of finishing up half of the palette, and instead of repurchasing this entire palette, I’ll buy dupes of the shadows I love. The shadows I hope to pan are: Licorice, Coconut Creme, Nougat, Truffled, Pink Sugar, Peanut Butter, Frosting, Rum Raisin, Mousse, and Butter Pecan. These are basically the colours I love in this palette, while the rest I don’t gravitate towards as much.
2) Matte + Poreless Fit Me Foundation (Liquid) by Maybelline – I love this foundation, but I am attempting to purchase more cosmetics that do not have parabens in them. Unfortunately, this foundation does, so I hope to finish it and repurchase another foundation.
3) Diva Lipstick by MAC – I LOVE this lipstick, but it’s going to expire by the end of the year. I want to finish the lipstick and then repurchase a new one. It is my favourite red lipstick ever, so a repurchase is a must.
4) Honey Bear Lipstick by Too Faced – I really liked this lipstick, but the smell and the glitter particles throw me off. I’m not sure what the smell of this lipstick is. It’s not chemically, but it has a strange scent to it. I don’t really like that. I am almost completely done this lipstick, which means it will be the first complete lipstick I ever finished! Amazing!
5) Butter Bronzer in Light Bronzer by Physcians Formula – I love this Bronzer, and I use it every time I do my makeup. I’m really only wanting to hit pan on it because I use it all the time, and I don’t know how I haven’t hit pan yet.
6) Matte + Poreless Fit Me Foundation (Powder) – I don’t really like this powder foundation to set my makeup. Every time I use this powder, my makeup looks cakey. I have used other powder foundations that don’t do this to my makeup at all. I’m almost done this foundation, and I hope to buy another one shortly.
I have six products I want to finish by the end of 2017. If I finish more, then I’ll be extremely happy. I’ll update my progress by the end of the year, and hopefully I will succeed in my challenge!