I can’t believe it’s already December! I feel like 2017 went by faster than I thought. Last month, I decided that I wasn’t going to complete my 60 book reading goal. A lot of the books I read this year felt rushed. I wasn’t enjoying my reading as much, and I felt like I needed to finish a ton of books to be satisfied. I have now reduced my reading goal to 52 books, which I’ve already almost completed. I feel better taking my time with books, and giving them the time they deserve. I typically read about 50 books in a year anyway, so already reaching that a month before the year ends is pretty amazing.
In November, I read:
1. Persuasion by Jane Austen 3/5
2. Son of a Trickster by Eden Robinson 5/5
3. Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery 5/5
4. Runaway by Alice Munro 4/5
In December, I want to relax a bit more, and take my time with my reading. That’s why I don’t have a huge TBR for December. I think finishing off the year with just two books is enough to keep me focused on the stories I’ll be reading. If I do have time, I may read a third book.
Here is what I want to read in December:
1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J. K. Rowling (Ravenclaw Edition)
2. The Martian by Andy Weir
3. H is for Hawk by Helen MacDonald (I’ll read this if I have time)
What have you been reading lately? Anything good? Let me know in the comments!