I’m really happy with my reading habits so far this year. At this point last year, I felt overwhelmed by my reading goals, that I didn’t know if I was going to actually complete them. However, now I feel very accomplished in my reading, and I feel satisfied. I’m giving the books I’m reading the time they deserve. Since I’ve been reading like this, I was able to read 3 really large books this month. I’m so happy about that.
In January I read:
1. This is Happy by Camilla Gibb 5/5
2. A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin 5/5
3. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah 4.5/5
4. Love and Freindship by Jane Austen 4/5
I didn’t end up finishing all the books I wanted to read last month, so I’m going to add them onto my reading pile this month. I didn’t end up finishing A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara, or Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff.
In February I want to read:
1. Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
2. There Was a Country by Chinua Achebe
3. Do Not Say We Have Nothing by Madeleine Thien
What are you planning to read in February?