To start off my seasonal favourites, I’m taking a look back at all the things I’ve been loving in winter 2018. I have read many great books, wore amazing makeup, and watched some incredible movies. I think having seasonal favourites are easier to do, and it allows me to really think about what I have been loving, opposed to picking things I might like monthly. So here is my list of winter favourites!
– MAC Velvet Teddy Matte Lipstick
– Bite Beauty Lip Crayon in Leche
– Fenty Beauty Mattemoiselle Lipstick in Ma’damn
– Urban Decay Comfort Matte Lipstick in Afterdark
– Essie Polishes in In Stitches and Bahama Mama
– Clinique Pretty Easy Liquid Eyelining Pen
– Kat Von D duo blush in Piaf & Poe
– Tarte blush in Sensual
During the winter, I noticed that I was gravitating towards a lot of nude lipsticks, even though I love wearing vampy shades in the winter. It felt very different to me, but at the same time, I really enjoyed being able to create more dramatic eye looks, or even no eyeshadow at all. I liked having more natural makeup on during this time, and I loved it.
– This is Happy by Camilla Gibb
– The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
– H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald
– Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
Winter was a season of larger books, and lots of books not being finished completely. I’m still reading a few books from winter, so I can’t really call them winter favourites if they’re not finished. I loved reading memoirs this season, and I loved taking the time with bigger books. I think my favourite book I read this past winter was The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah.
– Blade Runner 2049
– Black Panther
– Broadchurch (final season)
– Queer Eye
– American Crime Story
– RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 3
There was a lot of incredible movies and television shows that I watched in the past 3 months. I think my favourites are Black Panther, Queer Eye, and the series finale of Broadchurch. I definitely discovered new favourites, that I’ll want to rewatch in the future. I think I want to rewatch Black Panther soon!
What were you loving during the winter? Share your favourites in the comments!